Scan & Store – Digital Conversion and Online Document Storage
Cost effective digital conversion and secure online document storage
Document scanning offers flexibility and instantaneous access to documents without taking up valuable office or storage space. It can help control costs and can keep archive security at a premium as the digitised documents are in your control. By converting paper files to digital, and storing in an electronic archive, files are always available, searchable and have no restrictions as to the geographical location at which they are stored. Ardington Archives have the capacity to convert paper documents, drawings, X-rays and microfiche to a wide range of digital formats.
Once converted, files can be uploaded to our secure online hosting service as an efficient and cost-effective alternative to in house operations. Our secure online document store provides easy access to files in multiple formats, from any computer, tablet or phone connected to the internet. This secure document management system enables authorised users to download files as well as back-up, upload and share digital documents from any location with internet access, 24 hours a day.
Our entry level option is a low cost solution with basic functionality. Ensuring the security of data stored, all data is transferred in TLS standard encryption. For added security it is possible to encrypt the files in place within the secure online store. This stored data can be encrypted to AES-256 levels with the encryption key remaining on the server, meaning the data is only readable online through the secure online store. Access and security controls are provided to allow fully auditable visibility over the access of documents and allocate user rights on a needs basis.
Please contact us for further information on our online storage solutions.
- Instant document access from any source with internet connectivity
- High security digital storage
- Cost effective and environmentally friendly
- Quick and easy online collaboration and sharing
Scanning to a budget
In order to minimise monthly expenditure for our clients, Ardington Archives LLP offer a scan to budget service whereby we will work to an agreed monthly costing that matches budgetary requirements, spreading the scanning and invoicing of all required documents across a number of months.
We offer unique, customised document scanning and storage solutions.
We work closely with our clients to ensure we deliver a scanning and storage solution to fit their needs. Have a look at some of our other services.
Ardington Archives currently has a total document storage capacity of over 100,000 boxes across three archive stores, together with our in-house argonite pods and secure vaults. Our facilities are modern and purpose-built for storage. In addition, we have the option to expand our secure archive environments to increase total capacity.
At Ardington Archives we understand that fast and efficient document retrieval is vital for the management of any business. Document retrieval can be requested via phone, email or through our secure online portal service, and if requested by 12 noon, will be returned the next working day, anywhere in the UK. Requested documents are returned either physically or via electronic format, with both options ensuring a secure and confidential delivery.
At Ardington Archives, we provide a comprehensive range of document scanning and digital conversion services using state-of-the-art equipment. We can advise on the best mix of scanning and hardcopy storage to meet your specific needs.
As part of our document storage service, Ardington Archives works with clients to determine destruction dates for archived documents and files. Confidential destruction is carried out by twice shredding the documents, before they are pulped and recycled into toilet tissue. We additionally offer destruction of associated media such as PC hard drives, meeting BSI standards in both Environmental and Information Management.
Ardington Archives has a range of custom designed storage boxes made from high content recycled board. Designed with a double thickness skin to ensure strength, rigidity and a longer life than most other storage boxes, all Ardington Archives boxes are PH neutral to maintain the quality and integrity of the documents stored inside, meeting BS 4971 standards. All boxes are supplied flatpacked for ease of storage and transportation.
In our rapidly-evolving digital era, preserving our cultural and personal heritage has taken a revolutionary turn through heritage scanning. This transformative process involves digitising redords, documents and images, extending their life without causing any damage to the original items.
Get In touch
We would love to hear from you. Please complete the form and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, give us a call to discuss your scanning and storage needs.
What types of documents are suitable for off-site document storage?
Off-site document storage is suitable for various types of documents, including:
- Paper Documents: Such as legal records, financial documents, contracts, and personnel files.
- Trial and study files: Ensure compliance with GxP regulations by storing original documentation in secure and managed archives.
- Microfilm and Microfiche: Old records and archives can be stored digitally for easy retrieval.
- Digital Media: Backup tapes, hard drives, and other digital storage media can also be securely stored.
- Medical Records: Healthcare facilities often use document storage for patient records to ensure compliance with healthcare regulations.
- Archival Documents: Historical documents, manuscripts, and records can be preserved in climate-controlled environments.
- Other important documents: This includes documents that can’t be destroyed or get lost like wills.
How do document storage services ensure the security of stored documents?
Document storage services prioritise security through various measures:
- Access Control: Only authorised personnel can access stored documents.
- Surveillance: Our facilities have 24/7 video surveillance for added security.
- Fire Protection: Storage areas are equipped with fire detection and suppression systems.
- Climate Control: Critical documents are stored in controlled environments to prevent damage from temperature and humidity fluctuations.
- Inventory Management: Detailed tracking and cataloguing systems ensure the location and status of each box are known at all times.
How is the cost of your service determined?
Our service costs are calculated based on a modular approach, ensuring transparency and flexibility for our clients. On a monthly basis, we charge for the following components:
- Sale of flatpack archive boxes.
- Collection of newly deposited boxes.
- Set-up charges.
- Physical retrievals of archived retrieval.
- Digital retrievals of documents.
- Confidential destruction services.
- Storage fees for newly deposited boxes, which extend until the end of the quarter.
This breakdown allows clients to customise their service and only pay for the specific elements they require, making it a cost-effective solution tailored to each clients needs.